To earn this certification, candidates must pass the exam, which consists of 65 questions, lasts 170 minutes, and costs $300 USD. Candidates must have a four-year degree, three years of experience leading projects, and 35 hours of project management education or a CAPM® certification. Or, candidates must have a high school diploma, five years of experience, and 35 hours of project management education/training or hold the CAPM® certification.
Validate technical skills and cloud expertise to grow your career and business.
The AWS Certified Security Specialty certification is recognized by employers and industry professionals as a mark of expertise in AWS security. It can help individuals stand out in a competitive job market and demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning and professional development. Remember, achieving this certification involves adequate preparation, hands-on practice, and a deep understanding of the exam contents.
- This Specialization doesn’t carry university credit, but some universities may choose to accept Specialization Certificates for credit.
- Candidates should have a deep understanding of AWS services and best practices related to data protection, incident response, identity and access management, and network security.
- This list has a long history of sharing the 15 top-paying IT certifications.
- Explore the resources on this page to help you prepare for the exam.
- Learn about what to expect with scheduling your exam, identification requirements, exam functionality, relevant policies, and more.
The interviewer begins by asking some generic questions before moving on to the more specific ones. This is the one question that most people have when opting for this certification, is how much they are expected to earn after obtaining it. In select learning programs, you can apply for financial aid or a scholarship if you can’t afford the enrollment fee. If fin aid or scholarship is available for your learning program selection, you’ll find a link to apply on the description page.
Study Materials and Resources
The AWS Certified Security – Specialty (SCS-C01) exam is intended for individuals who perform a security role. This exam validates an examinee’s ability to effectively demonstrate knowledge about securing the AWS platform. aws certified security specialist Candidates should have at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads. As the name suggests, this certification has “security” written all over it, specifically AWS security offerings and features.
I have also created an AWS Security Specialist course for this exam that cuts through all the fluff of the exam and gives you what you need to know to pass it on your first attempt. Role-based certifications that validate advanced skills and knowledge required to design secure, optimized, and modernized applications and to automate processes on AWS. Candidates should also have a solid understanding of operating systems, networking, servers, and virtualization. Microsoft says candidates should have familiarity with tools like PowerShell, Azure CLI, Azure portal, Azure Resource Manager templates, and Microsoft Entra ID. The exam costs $392 USD, consists of 90 questions, and lasts 90 minutes.
Top 5 things you must know to pass the AWS Security Specialist exam
Those who responded earned an average salary of $160,399, which would place it high on this list. There are no prerequisites to sitting the exam, however, Google recommends six months of experience working with the platform. The exam lasts two hours, costs $125 USD and spans up to 60 questions. Unlike others that expire in two years, this certification remains valid for three years. To earn this certification, professionals must first have five years of professional work experience in the required domains before they can sit the exam, which costs $575 USD for ISACA members and $760 USD for non-members.
- Previously, there used to be security related roles in information technology, however, with the passage of time new roles have developed including that of the Security Specialist also referred to as the Security Architect.
- Get started with a single self-serve event for your team at jam.aws.com (currently available in English only) or get unlimited access to all AWS Jam events with an AWS Skill Builder Team subscription.
- The exam covers a range of topics like incident response, data protection, infrastructure security, and identity and access management.
- You’ll encounter all these questions on the exam, so you must understand the different storage options and when they apply to different situations in AWS.
- The AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification validates the ability to secure data in the AWS cloud and successfully navigate complex security challenges.
- Don’t forget to respond all questions, even if you have absolutely no idea.
- However, they are generally plausible responses that fit in the content area defined by the test objective.
As a Specialty-level certification, gaining the AWS Certified Security – Specialty credentials, while challenging, will earn you the recognition to prove that you are a subject matter expert in this field. All it takes is a single exam, and you have a number of excellent courses available to gain the required knowledge and earn that badge. Sign up to AWS, utilize the free cloud credits and services, and book the exam, which you can take right in your home or in one of many testing centers. I have more than 15 years of experience as a technical trainer, and have also earned industry certifications.